Arakwal – Bundjalung country
socially & environmentally responsible
read and follow signs
my visit is carbon neutral
embrace the Byron way
Yes I Pledge
While on Arakwal – Bundjalung country, I will:
I will be socially & environmentally responsible.
- Be mindful of my impact on land, air and ocean.
- Respect that this is a community and home to many; as such, I will ensure that my fun won’t come at the expense of others.
- Dispose of my litter and any I find, in bins provided or take it with me until I find one.
- Delight in the local flora and fauna without harming or removing it.
- Stay on recognised roads and paths, so as not to disturb the fragile natural environment (e.g. birds nesting in the beach dunes).
I will read and follow signs.
- Observe speed limits to protect others and wildlife.
- Park in designated places.
- Observe signs in the national parks.
- No overnight camping on streets.
- Follow health orders
I will ensure that my visit is carbon neutral.
- Positively contribute to local initiatives to offset my carbon footprint; Zero Emissions Byron Bay, Local Carbon Calculator.
- Bring my keep cup and water bottle to help reduce my waste.
I will embrace the Byron way.
- Be kind and polite.
- Cheer up, slow down, chill out.